Friday, December 30, 2016

Sam Reviews "Letting Ana Go" by Anonymous

Trigger warning!  At least for me.  I'm not anorexic in the slightest but I do get bad anxiety whenever I think too long about food, weight, calories, carbs etc., so it was a roller coaster getting through this book.  Overall I did think this was a good book, it didn't feel real and talked about the real nitty gritty dangers of anorexic / bulimic behavior.  Worth reading if you've enjoyed any of the other "Anonymous" style books.

"Jack is the kind of guy I never had to worry about.  This is the boy who wants me to come in and talk to his mom.  He's the boy who wants to show me the moon."

"I've been trying to remember a time when my dad arrived at the door with flowers for my mom or me and I simply can't.  Typically,  when he showed up with a surprise,  it was a car of some kind.  As I stared at Jack's blue eyes, twinkling over the tops of the roses, I decided that flowers were better than a SUV any day." 

^Yeah okay wtf ever

So bizarre that this book references when "The Perks of Being a Wallflower"was in theaters considering when I was in high school there weren't even rumors of a movie. This book was published in 2013.

"'I love you just the way you are. Doesn't that count for anything?'
"All I could do was shrug.  He shook his head and took a step backward.
"'I don't understand how that doesn't make everything better.  I keep thinking if I love you hard enough,  or well enough,  that you'll learn how to love yourself the way I do.'"

No comments:

Post a Comment