Thursday, March 11, 2021

Sam Reviews "The Library Policeman" by Stephen King

"'Tis the human touch in this world that counts.
"The touch of your hand and mine,
"Which means far more to the fainting heart
"Than shelter and bread and wine;
"For shelter is gone when the night is o'er,
"And bread lasts only a day,
"But the touch of the hand and the sound of a voice
"Sing on in the soul alway."
- Spencer Michael Free

"It was good just to find out you still had a heart, that the ordinary days hadn't worn it away."

"His face was dead, as if he could not understand neither kindness nor love nor mercy.  His mouth was set in lines of ultimate, passionless authority."

"My reputation went to hell in a handbasket, but she never got so much as a splash of mud on the hem of her skirt."

"Every now and then I start to think I'm over it [the death of my son] and then it gets on my blind side and hits me again. I guess some things take a long time to shake out, and some things don't ever shake out."

"It's just that [talking about my son] brings him back so. How he was. That hurts, but it feels good, too. Those two feelings are all wrapped up together."



No comments:

Post a Comment