Thursday, February 13, 2020

Sam Reviews "Down a Dark Hall" by Lois Duncan

"The girl clinging to [her father's arm in the picture] was harder to remember. Had her mother ever really been that young and carefree, so radiant with joy?"

"You do have talent, Kit.  Maybe someday you'll realize how much.  There are all sorts of talents in the world, and only one of them is music."

"The eyes were those of a girl who was not as sure on the inside as she appeared outwardly to be. 'Who am I?' the eyes asked. 'What is my place in life? Am I pretty? Do people like me? Does Jules like me? In what direction am I going? Will I accomplish anything worthwhile in my lifetime? Will I be happy? Am I worth loving?'"

"How strange, to be writing a letter which I know will never reach you. And yet, I must; perhaps having you to talk to is what is keeping me sane."


No comments:

Post a Comment