Monday, February 23, 2015

Sam Reviews: "Splintered" by A.G. Howard - February 2015 Book Choice

Sam's Notes Taken Along the Way

I love that they use the name Jebediah in a modern story.

Can you actually keep eels as pets?  Where would you buy one?

No matter how well the descriptions were I’m bummed there weren't pictures.  Alice in Wonderland isn't a book that can go without some visuals.

It’s kind of disappointing that Morphious represents so many of the characters.  He’s her guide into Wonderland, he’s the caterpillar, and he’s the hatter (more or less – always calling for hats to suit the occasion).

I wish they would've hidden Morphious’ “bad guy” character til the end.  It would have been a great twist if you couldn't tell his motives were impure until Alyssa landed in the palace.

--||--

Quotes Worth Mentioning

"From a distance, we look like we’re riding fireflies across the northern lights, sweeping in and out of one another’s glowing jet streams."

“They could be twins with their huge mustaches and walrus-shaped bodies stuffed in brown coveralls.”
-I thought this was a clever allusion to Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum & the Walrus characters from the original story.

"Hundreds of sketches, and I still can’t get enough of your face."

"My insides tickle with an unfamiliar power, knowing that he’s flustered.  Knowing that I caused it."

"I prepare to push him off before he can taste my lips … but instead, Morpheus kisses my forehead, warm, chaste, and gentle. Then he lets me go."

"I smile, then give him a kiss he’ll never forget, to replace all the ones he’ll never remember."

1 comment:

  1. By dammit...I wish I could have came!! Hopefully Saturdays work. *fingers crossed*

    ReplyDelete